World Bulletin / News Desk
Turkish police on Thursday launched counter-terror operations to arrest 39 alleged members of the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO), the group behind last year's defeated coup attempt, according to a security source.
The suspects are accused of using ByLock, an encrypted smartphone messaging app used by FETO members before and during last year's defeated coup attempt, said the source, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on speaking to the media.
After the issuing of warrants, which include doctors and teachers, the Istanbul police's counter-terror division ordered the launch of operations in eight provinces.
FETO and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup attempt of July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.
Ankara accuses FETO of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police, and judiciary.
Manbij deal focuses on ridding northern Syrian city of PKK-affiliated YPG terrorists
Yilmaz said when the ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party came to power in 2002, Turkey was last among EU countries in the funding of its education.
Manbij model is important for Syria's future as well, says Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
Two others injured in homemade bomb attack in Siirt by PKK terrorists
Prosecutors in central province of Konya issue arrest warrants for alleged ‘covert imams’ of terror group FETO
Airstrikes kill armed terrorists in northern Iraq, Turkey's Diyarbakir, Sirnak provinces
Figure is expected to increase as voting in Turkish missions to continue until Tuesday, at custom gates till election day
Patrols in line with the jointly agreed roadmap on Manbij
City was liberated from ISIL last year by Turkey’s Operation Euphrates Shield
Former HDP Co-Chairman Selahattin Demirtas has been allowed to campaign for presidential polls from behind bars on TRT
Turkish president says we are establishing mega industry zones in 5 regions of Turkey
Suspects, including 3 women, rounded up in Adana province
At least 20 people killed in twin suicide attack in northeastern Borno state