Car bomb injures 15 in Libya's Benghazi

Similar car bomb attack last month in same city left three people dead, including political activist

Car bomb injures 15 in Libya's Benghazi

World Bulletin / News Desk

 At least 15 civilians were injured on Tuesday when a car bomb rocked Libya’s eastern city of Benghazi, according to a local security source. 

"A car bomb was detonated by an unidentified attacker outside Budizirah Park near the city’s eastern entrance," Interior Ministry spokesman Walid al-Orfi told Anadolu Agency.

"While no one was killed, at least 15 passersby were injured by the blast," al-Orfi said. 

"Security forces have since cordoned off the blast site and launched an investigation into the attack," he added. 

No group has claimed responsibility for Tuesday’s bombing. 

On Oct. 30, a similar car bomb attack in Benghazi left three people dead -- including a political activist -- and another 21 injured. 

Libya has remained in a state of turmoil since 2011, when a bloody uprising ended with the ouster and death of longtime strongman Muammar Gaddafi.   

aa

 

 
Last Mod: 15 Kasım 2016, 19:58
Add Comment