World Bulletin/News Desk
Egypt's prosecution on Saturday referred 250 people to military trial on charges of rioting, committing acts of violence and attacking state institutions in the central province of Minya, a judicial source has said.
The source, who requested anonymity, added that the 250 people were members of the Muslim Brotherhood, the movement from which ousted President Mohamed Morsi hails.
He said they were accused of attacking a post office in Minya and a Ministry of Supply office in mid-August of 2013.
In October of last year, Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah issued a law that refers violations against state institutions to military courts.
Thousands of Morsi's supporters and members of his movement have been put in jail on charges of attacking state institutions and police facilities.
Morsi was ousted by the Egyptian military in July of 2013 after mass protests against his government, but his supporters call his ouster a "military coup."
Last Mod: 18 Ocak 2015, 10:34