World Bulletin / News Desk
Egypt's main opposition coalition will not join a national dialogue on Monday called by President Mohamed Mursi because the proposal was not genuine and the group will only attend future talks if a list of conditions are met, members said.
The talks were called by Mursi to end violence on the streets during protests that has led to 50 deaths.
"We will not go to the dialogue today," ElBaradei told a news conference after the Front's members met in Cairo to discuss the invitation.
"We will send a message to the Egyptian people and the president of the republic about what we think are the essentials for dialogue. If he agrees to them, we are ready for dialogue."
The coalition's conditions included a demand that Mursi accept responsibility for the bloodshed and agree to form a government of national salvation, echoing previously unmet demands by the opposition.
Riots were sparked on Saturday when a court sentenced to death several people from the city in a case of deadly soccer violence last year.Last Mod: 28 Ocak 2013, 15:59