Seven killed in Nigeria's Jos bombing

Police confirmed the attack but said only three were killed

Seven killed in Nigeria's Jos bombing

World Bulletin/News Desk

At least seven people were killed and many injured in suicide bombing that ripped through Jos, the capital of the central Plateau State, on Saturday night.

"We have counted seven dead people around 10pm when we finally had the chance to get to the scene because everyone was afraid there could be another blast like the last one," Tahiru Ahmadu, an eyewitness, told Anadolu Agency on Sunday.

He said the blast had occurred around 9:30pm local time a few meters from a football viewing center where scores of people were watching a football match.

Kang Mercy, another resident, said they had arrived to the area before rescue workers because it was late.

"We counted no less than seven badly burnt bodies and a car burnt from the blast," he told AA.

Nigerian authorities confirmed the bombing but gave a lesser death toll.

"I can confirm that three people died and that included the lone bomber," police chief Chris Olakpe told AA.

He said three others were injured and had been taken to hospital.

"The injured included one Alhaji Bello and his son. The blast occurred in front of their house," explained the police spokesman.

The bombing occurred a few days after 118 people were killed in multiple blasts in Jos.

No group has claimed responsibility for any of the Jos attacks, but most attacks are blamed on the Boko Haram militant group.

 

Last Mod: 25 Mayıs 2014, 13:03
Add Comment