9 Turk victims in arson attack commemorated in Germany

Nine Turkish victims of Ludwigshafen tragedy were commemorated with a ceremony on Tuesday at the house that was set on fire last year.

9 Turk victims in arson attack commemorated in Germany

Nine Turks, including five children, were killed and 20 others were injured in a fire which broke out in a building in Ludwigshafen city of Germany on February 3, 2008.

The ceremony took place at the building which is called "Das Haus" and was attended by the German Federal Government Commissioner for Migration, Refugees and Integration Maria Bohmer, Turkish Ambassador to Germany Ahmet Acet, Ludwigshafen Mayor Eva Lohse and the Mayor of Turkish city of Gaziantep Asim Guzelbey.

Turkish State Minister Said Yazicioglu sent a message to the ceremony and said that the Turkish government has been and will be following developments about the tragedy to ferret out the cause of the fire which is still unknown.

"We have been expressing our expectations in all our talks with German officials for the arrest of perpetrators if the fire was an arsonist action," Yazicioglu said in his message.


AA
Last Mod: 04 Şubat 2009, 11:49
Add Comment