Afghan authorities were checking on Sunday reports more than a dozen civilians were killed by a foreign forces air strike in an area to the northeast of the capital, an official said.
The latest reported incident occurred on Saturday in Tagab district of Kapisa province, an official in Kabul said, quoting provincial authorities.
"We do not have a lot of details now and are checking the reports saying more than 12 civilians were killed and 18 more wounded," the official said on condition of anonymity.
But the provincial deputy governor Rahimullah Safi, said that 11 people were killed and they were all civilians. Three others were wounded after an airstrike in the village of Juibar in the restless Tagab valley of Kapisa province, Safi said.
Some 400 civilians have been killed so far this year during attacks of NATO and U.S.-led forces as well as Afghan troops, according to Afghan officials and aid agencies.
Last Mod: 10 Ağustos 2008, 13:16