German police have detained two people in connection with Tuesday's shooting at an ice cream parlour in Ruesselsheim in which two men and a woman died and a third man was badly injured, authorities said on Wednesday.
"We have a lead," said a spokesman for the state prosecutor in Darmstadt. The injured man is under police guard in hospital, and may be one of a group of assailants who attacked the parlour, the spokesman added.
German media reported that the three male victims were Turkish citizens and the woman, the Greek co-owner of a nearby restaurant, had been caught in the crossfire and shot in the stomach.
The motive for the killings was not known but reports said it might be linked to betting debts.
The prosecutor's spokesman said he was unable to confirm the reports and more details would be given at a news conference at 1300 GMT.
Police initially said on Tuesday that all four victims had died in the attack and that both guns and knives might have been used. At least four men had fled the scene and an extensive manhunt had been launched, they added.
Last Mod: 13 Ağustos 2008, 16:47