"It would be mad not to examine an offer of a billion euros (1.4 billion dollars)," Alessandro Bianchi said in Saturday's edition of the Corriere della sera daily.
"I cannot judge this offer from a technical point of view but if a company as large as Ryanair decides to make such an investment, its offer must be considered."
The budget airline said Thursday that it was ready to operate 50 routes in and out of Malpensa airport, after Alitalia, the ailing Italian flagship carrier, decided to cut back on its flights.
As part of a 2008-2010 "survival/transition" business plan, approved by Alitalia's board last month, the company plans to cut nearly half of its 340 flights a day from Malpensa and instead focus its activities on Rome.
Several other airlines are keen to take over the flight slots opening up at Malpensa.
Last Mod: 15 Eylül 2007, 15:18