An explosion apparently caused by a gas leak shook a Shi'ite Muslim prayer hall in southern Kuwait on Sunday, hurting several people and leaving some trapped under the rubble, security officials said.
"Initial investigations point to a gas explosion that occurred when food was being prepared," one security official said. Another security official confirmed the report.
Private Al Rai television said the explosion injured seven people and left five trapped under rubble.
Police cordoned off the partially collapsed two-storey building in the town of Ahmadi, a major energy centre in the Gulf Arab oil exporting state.
Last Mod: 12 Ocak 2009, 08:42