Rescue teams pulled 13 Iranian construction workers to safety early on Monday after the men were trapped when a tunnel they were digging near Tabriz collapsed, Iran's state television said.
"The rescue mission ended around 5 am (0130 GMT) this morning and all the 13 construction workers and engineers were safely rescued," said Mohammad Kazem Memarzadeh, governor general of East Azerbaijan province.
"They are all safe and with their families," he said, adding that during the 11 hours they were trapped, they had been able to talk to rescue workers on mobile phones.
He confirmed that 13 people had been caught in the collapse, not 25 as reported by Iranian media late on Sunday.
The tunnel is part of a highway being built between the northern city of Tabriz and the capital Tehran.
The highway, for which the official opening has been delayed several times, will be a key transit route for vehicles heading for neighbouring Turkey and Europe.
Last Mod: 25 Haziran 2007, 15:54