World Bulletin / News Desk
Turkish court rejected on Monday an army request to stop the search at a military office over the assassination plot probe.
The Ankara 11th High Criminal Court rejected the appeal by the General Staff to stop the search conducted by judge at the the Special Forces' Tactical Mobilization Group in Ankara.
Judge Kadir Kayan in plot probe also on Sunday resumed the search the "cosmic room" of the Special Forces Command in Ankara as the six one.
General Staff's demand for the termination of the search and destruction of the records was delivered to the relevant court on December 31.
But, the military earlier said it had no objections to police searching the headquarters of a special forces unit in connection with an investigation in a possible anti-government conspiracy.
"The search is totally within the legal framework, and it's understood that it will continue for some more time," the military said.
Searches are being conducted at the Special Forces Command in Ankara within the framework of the investigation launched following the detention of two soldiers on suspicion on a street where Deputy Premier Bulent Arinc's house is located.
A civilian search of a military facility was the first time the authorities had dared take such action.
The case erupted on Dec. 19, when police detained a colonel and a major whose car had been seen several times passing by the deputy prime minister's residence in the capital Ankara.
Despite the officers being released, Turkish media reported that they were suspected of plotting to assassinate Deputy Prime Minister Bulent Arinc.
Related news reports:Last Mod: 04 Ocak 2010, 23:35