Turkish official: university students died of 'carbon monoxide'

Seven university students celebrating the new year at home died of carbon monoxide poisoning in the Turkish capital of Ankara.

Turkish official: university students died of 'carbon monoxide'
The head of Ankara's natural gas distribution company released a statement on Thursday regarding the recent death of seven university students due to carbon monoxide poisoning in Cankaya district of the Turkish capital.

Veysel Karani Demir, Director General of Baskent Dogalgaz A.S., said in his statement that carbon monoxide spread into the apartment as the pipe connecting the domestic heating system to the chimney was "damaged and old".

Karani said experts found out that carbon monoxide could not reach the chimney and it spread into the apartment due to the damage with the pipe.

Seven university students celebrating the new year at home died of carbon monoxide poisoning in the Turkish capital of Ankara.

The tragedy was revealed when students did not respond to phone calls made by their relatives early in the first day of the new year.


AA
Last Mod: 02 Ocak 2009, 08:36
Add Comment