A web video posted by an al-Qaeda-linked group in Iraq showed pictures on Monday of what appeared to be ID cards of two missing US soldiers, suggesting they may have been killed.
The group said it had killed all three soldiers whose abduction on May 12 south of Baghdad triggered a massive search operation by US and Iraqi forces.
The video shows the photo identifications of Private Byron Fouty and Specialist Alex Jiminez.
The two were captured along with a third soldier, Private First Class Joseph Anzack, in an ambush on their unit while manning a temporary observation post near Mahmudiya.
Four other US soldiers and an Iraqi interpreter were killed during the ambush.
The US military said late last month that Anzack's body was found floating in the Euphrates river and it was still searching for the other two soldiers.
Brigadier-General Kevin Bergner, a spokesman for the US-led multinational force in Iraq, said: "We are further analysing the video. However, it doesn't appear to contain any definitive evidence indicating the status of our missing soldiers.
"We continue to search and hope our two missing soldiers will be found alive and in good health.
Last Mod: 05 Haziran 2007, 10:15