Yemeni Shi'ite fighters said on Tuesday the last two missing Saudi soldiers they were believed to be holding captive were dead, Al Jazeera television reported.
A fighter spokesman told the television the fighters had informed a ceasefire committee about the death of the two soldiers, the last of five held by the insurgents who had released three others, Al Jazeera said.
Saudi Arabia, the world's top oil exporter, was drawn into a long-running conflict between the southerners and the Yemeni government in November, after the fighters seized Houthis offered Riyadh a truce last month and handed over three captive soldiers last week, one to a ceasefire committee and two to Yemeni authorities. Riyadh had said the soldiers' release would help prove the fighters were serious about ending their conflict with the kingdom.
ReutersLast Mod: 24 Şubat 2010, 10:56