World Bulletin / News Desk
At least 28 people, including 11 soldiers and 17 suspected Taliban militants were killed in two separate incidents in western Farah and Herat provinces Tuesday night, officials told Anadolu Agency Wednesday.
Farah governor’s spokesman Nasir Mehri told Anadolu Agency Taliban had attacked an Afghan army base in Pusth Rod district at around midnight that resulted in the deaths of nine soldiers; four others were wounded.
“Immediately after this attack, the Afghan Air Force was called in for support that targeted the armed Taliban, killing 17 of them,” Mehri added.
In a similar raid late Tuesday night, Taliban militants stormed an army checkpoint in western Herat province’s Khuski Kuhna district, killing at least two soldiers, Herat government spokesman Jailani Farhad said.
Taliban claimed responsibility for both attacks in a Twitter post.
Last week, more than 200 people, mostly security personnel and civilians, were killed in Afghanistan in six attacks, five of which were claimed by the Taliban and one by the pro-ISIL militants.Last Mod: 25 Ekim 2017, 13:28