15 die in Pakistan train blast

Baluch separatists claimed responsibility for the attack.

15 die in Pakistan train blast

World Bulletin / News Desk

Fifthteen people were killed and 40 injured in train blast in southwestern Baluchistan province on Tuesday.

Home Minister Sarfraz Bugti blamed the attack on Baluch separatists.

Railway minister Khawaja Saad Rafiq told reporters that the blast occured in a carriage of a Quetta bound passenger train near Sibbi district, some 300 kilometers outside of Quetta, the provincial capital.

There were some 80 passengers onboard, Saad said. No group has so far claimed responsibility for the incident.

A purported spokesperson for the United Baluch Army told local television channels that the attack was in revenge for Monday's security operation against Baluch separatists in the troubled Khuzdar district in which 30 militants were killed.

Last Mod: 08 Nisan 2014, 17:39
Add Comment