Holland to offer compensation for Srebrenica relatives

The Dutch Defense Ministry said the amount of compensation to pay for relatives of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre victims will be announced by next week.

Holland to offer compensation for Srebrenica relatives

World Bulletin / News Desk

The Netherlands will announce by next week the amount of compensation it was ordered to pay for the deaths of Bosnian Muslims in the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, the Dutch Defense Ministry said Wednesday.

Relatives of three Muslim men, who were expelled by Dutch soldiers from a UN compound during the Balkan conflict, brought the claim, which was ordered as a final decision by the Dutch Supreme Court in September, last year.

The three men, who were killed by Bosnian Serb forces, were among thousands of other people who sought shelter at a United Nations compound during the Balkans conflict.

Bosnian Serb forces, under the command of General Ratko Mladic, ordered outnumbered Dutch peacekeepers to expel thousands of Muslim families.

The compensation was decided first in The Hague International Criminal Court and then was approved by the Dutch Supreme Court in September 2013.

Last Mod: 03 Nisan 2014, 14:37
Add Comment