World Bulletin / News Desk
The Netherlands has provided the Turkish government with a list on names of individuals they believe may be planning to travel through Turkey to fight for the self-styled Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) in Syria.
The names of over 100 young men and women were given by the Dutch General Intelligence and Security Service (AIVD) to Turkey, requesting them to be deported back if caught, the Dutch daily Volkskrant reported on Monday.
Volkskrant claimed that Turkey has agreed to the request, quoting a policeman saying that they had been given a no-entry list.
"Everyone on this list will be refused entry if they try to cross the border," the officers told Volkskrant.
Around 150 Dutch nationals are said to be in Syria, most of whom travel through Turkey to get there.
Earlier this year, one particular young Dutch national who had gone to fight in Syria spoke to Dutch TV program Nieuwsuur (News Hour) to reassure the West that most European fighters in Syria have no intention to attack the West.
Dutch reporter Roozbeh Kaboly followed 26-year-old 'Yilmaz', a former Dutch soldier of Turkish origin, for 8 months with a number of recorded interviews conducted in English via a mediator in Syria on almost a daily basis, filming his life providing training for new recruits on the front line.Last Mod: 16 Haziran 2014, 16:29