United Nations has postponed the release of a report on Israel's deadly attack in May 2010 on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla that killed nine Turkish nationals.
The postponement came at the request of the Israeli government, Selcuk Unal, a spokesperson for the Turkish Foreign Ministry, told the Anadolu Agency on Monday.
"As with the previous request for postponement, this one also came from the Israeli side," Unal said, denying a news report which appeared on Israeli news portal Ynet that claimed the request was made by the Turkish government.
UN was expected to release the findings of the Palmer report on Tuesday after a ten-day delay.
On May 31 last year Israeli commandos raided Mavi Marmara, the lead vessel in the Free Gaza convoy, killing nine Turkish nationals, including a U.S. citizen.
The deadly attack drew international condemnation as Turkish government called back its ambassador in Tel Aviv and cancelled several military contracts and exercises.
The Turkish government has repeatedly said that relations with Israel would not go back to normal unless Israeli government made a formal apology and paid redress to the families of the victims.
AALast Mod: 22 Ağustos 2011, 13:06