Worldbulletin News

Worldbulletin News Worldbulletin News Portal


18:50, 11 August 2018 Saturday
Update: 17:49, 15 April 2015 Wednesday

  • Share
Dutch families of those who joined ISIL to sue gov't.
Dutch families of those who joined ISIL to sue gov't.

According to Dutch security forces, 28 of 200 people that went to fight in Syria were killed in various clashes.

World Bulletin / News Desk 

The families of individuals that ran away to join ISIL are preparing to file a lawsuit against the Dutch government, local media reported Wednesday.

According to Dutch media, families gathered together in order to plan to sue the Dutch government for not making the necessary efforts to prevent their children from traveling to Syria to join the armed group ISIL.

Mohammad Nidalha, a resident of the southern city of Leiden whose son reportedly traveled to Syria to join ISIL, leads the initiative.

Nidalha claimed that he had informed the police as soon as he found out that his 20-year-old son had traveled to Syria to join ISIL. Yet, he said, the police did not do anything.

Nidalha, who claims he has spoken with nine families so far, said he started the initiative to prevent other families from suffering like him.

He was quoted as saying, "The lawsuit will not bring back my son back but I am doing this to prevent other families to go through the same problems."



Related Dutch ISIL
Legal Notice: Copyright, trade marks and other intellectual property rights in this website can not be reproduced without the prior permission.

  • Share