Injured now over a hundred in Barcelona van attack

Death toll feared to rise due to severe conditions of the many injured 

Injured now over a hundred in Barcelona van attack

World Bulletin / News Desk

At least 13 people were killed and more than hundred injured when a white van ploughed into a crowd in central Barcelona Thursday, according to a Spanish daily.

The El Mundo newspaper quoting police sources said two people, including a man named Driss Oukabir had been arrested in connection with the attack.  According to his social media profile he is originally from Marseille, France, and resides in Ripoll, Spain. He allegedly rented the van.

Another daily, the El Pais newspaper said Daesh had claimed responsibility for the crash through its media outlet called AMAQ.

Earlier, the paper cited police sources who confirmed it was a terrorist attack. 

Radio Television Espanola said on Twitter that police negotiated with the suspects in a Barcelona bar following the attack.

At the time of the attack, Las Ramblas, a popular street in central Barcelona, with both tourists and locals, was crowded with people.

Last Mod: 18 Ağustos 2017, 10:09
Add Comment