World Bulletin/News Desk
Governor Celalettin Lekesiz of Turkey's southern Hatay province said that security forces had detained
17 people so far in connection with the bomb attacks in Reyhanli town. Lekesiz reminded that the twin car bombings killed 51 citizens on May 11.
So far, 17 people have been detained within the scope of the investigation carried out about the twin attacks. Some of them were arrested and sent to prison. Some are under custody and waiting for to appear at court. We are searching for four other people. Both 17 detained people and 4 wanted people are Turkish citizens, said Lekesiz.
Lekesiz said, we have all the information about how these suspects got and hid the bombs and how they mounted the bombs in the vehicles.
The ongoing search efforts to find a third vehicle allegedly involved in the bombings in Hatay last week have succeeded in locating the car, which was found abandoned in an ally in Hatay.
Security departments had warned that the vehicle could be used for similar attacks. Upon inspection of the vehicle no traces of explosives were found, however the fingerprints of some of the suspects in the Reyhanli bombing were detected.
Twin bombings ripped through Reyhanli town of Hatay on May 11, killing 51 people. Explosions in Reyhanli town just across Syria's Idlib province were the deadliest cross-border spillover since the Syrian revolt began in March 2011.
Last Mod: 18 Mayıs 2013, 17:08