World Bulletin / News Desk
The spokesman for the Taliban in Afghanistan, Zebiyyullah Mujahid, has denied the Taliban's responsibility for an attack that targeted Turkish engineers earlier on Monday.
Three Turkish engineers were killed and two, including a Turk and an Afghan child, were wounded in a blast in eastern Afghanistan on Monday, officials said.
The attack was carried out at around 7:15 am near Jalalabad city in the Ningrahar province, the spokesperson for Ninghrahar's governor Ahmad Zia Abdulzai told Anadolu Agency.
“A suicide bomber using a motorcycle cart full of explosives has attacked a Corolla car of Turkish engineers that killed three of them and wounded one,” he said. “The Turks were working for a construction company by the name of (Farda).”
This construction company is building a logistics facility for the Afghan National Police in Behsud district, Abdulzai said. He added that an Afghan child was also wounded in the blast
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
Turkey condemns attack
Turkey has strongly condemned an attack in eastern Afghanistan that killed three Turkish engineers and left another Turk and an Afghan child wounded early Monday.
"We strongly condemn this flagrant attack and expect Afghan officials to arrest the assailants immediately," Turkey's foreign ministry said.
Fuat Tas, the project manager, Umit Unal and Halil Gul were working for the EMTA construction company which was building a logistics facility for the Afghan security forces in the Behsud district.
Another Turk Ahmet Sahinoglu was wounded in the head and and is said to be in a stable condition after being given first aid in Jalalabad, the ministry said.Last Mod: 02 Haziran 2014, 16:28