World Bulletin / News Desk
At least four people were killed when an explosive-laden vehicle went off in Turkey’s southeastern province of Diyarbakir, according to local security sources Thursday night.
The blast happened in the central Sur district's Sarikamis neighborhood, the sources said, speaking on condition of anonymity due to restrictions on speaking to the media.
Twenty-two others were injured and hospitalized, they said, adding two were in critical condition.
The blast also caused a huge crater, and damaged a number of vehicles and buildings nearby.
The Chief Public Prosecutor's Office said it launched an investigation into the explosion.
Earlier on Thursday, eight people were injured when an explosion hit a military vehicle in Istanbul.
Governor Vasip Sahin told Anadolu Agency that five army personnel and three civilians were injured in the blast, which happened in a military zone in the Sancaktepe area of the city’s Asian side. Sahin said one woman was in critical condition.
According to initial reports, a parked car was detonated by remote control as the military vehicle was passing by.
In a statement, the Turkish General Staff strongly condemned the attack.Last Mod: 13 Mayıs 2016, 09:15