World Bulletin / News Desk
Orders to establish new security zones in at least two eastern Turkey provinces were announced Tuesday.
Three rural districts of southeastern Turkey’s Hakkari province would now be marked as "private security zones”, according to the provincial governor’s office.
In a statement posted on its official website on Tuesday, the Hakkari Governor’s Office said the provincial districts Cukurca, Semdinli and Yuksekova would now be "private security zones".
According to the announcement, the measure had been taken to protect the lives and properties of people, and to maintain peace, and preserve the state and public from terrorist threats and attacks.
The security zone order would be valid from midnight (2100 GMT) August 31 to September 14, 11.59 p.m. (2059 GMT).
The statement said the measure had been taken under Turkey’s law on "military forbidden zone and security zones".
Separately, the Bingol Governor’s Office also announced on Tuesday that 15 areas in seven districts of the province had been marked as "private security areas". According to the announcement, the order would be valid between September 1 and September 15.
The governor’s office added the citizens would not be allowed to enter the zones for the time period specified.Last Mod: 31 Ağustos 2016, 08:16