Reyhanli deputy police chief removed from office

Murat Berk, deputy police chief of the Reyhanli district that twin bombings killed 51 has been removed from office

Reyhanli deputy police chief removed from office

World Bulletin/News Desk

Mehmet Celalettin Lekesiz, governor of southern province of Hatay, stated Friday that Murat Berk, deputy police chief of the Reyhanli district of the province, had been removed from his office.      

In his statement, Lekesiz said, several necessary administrative measures could be taken in case of disruptions or when some staff got tired. "Removal of our friend from office was one of these measures. It is not a large-scale thing or a new development. It is just an administrative decision," said Lekesiz.      

Twin bombings ripped through Reyhanli town of the Turkish southern province of Hatay on May 11, killing 51 people. Explosions in Reyhanli town just across Syria's Idlib province were the deadliest cross-border spillover since the Syrian revolt began in March 2011.

Last Mod: 17 Mayıs 2013, 17:57
Add Comment