World Bulletin / News Desk
Passengers cowering in their cars after bombs struck Turkey's busiest crossing point with Syria were then targeted by another menace - thieves.
Mehmet Ertem, a 38-year-old passenger left stranded in a car, said Tuesday that people were too scared to leave their vehicles as the robbers descended.
He said that his car's tires were stolen as he waited. It is not known how the robbers managed to jack up the vehicle to remove the wheels.
Two car bombs exploded five minutes apart on Monday on the Syrian side of the Cilvegozu border post, injuring five people and leaving a 15-kilometer (9 mile) tailback.
Trucks carrying aid, and civilian vehicles were not allowed to pass the border after the explosion. Foot passengers, however, were allowed through.
The Cilvegozu border post is 5 kilometers (3 miles) southeast of the Syrian border town of Reyhanli, in which two car bomb explosions killed 51 people and injured more than 140 people in May, last year.Last Mod: 21 Ocak 2014, 13:27