Three brothers died of carbon monoxide poisoning after the gas was emitted by a stove in their home in the Çemişgezek district of Turkey’s southeastern province of Tunceli, the Cihan news agency reported on Thursday.
The brothers -- Harun (18), Yunus (16) and Muhammet (14) -- were all sleeping in the living room of their home to conserve heating costs due to the current cold snap.
They were discovered by their father, İsmail Öztürk, when he tried to wake them in the morning. The boys’ mother has reportedly had a mental breakdown.
CihanGüncelleme Tarihi: 03 Şubat 2012, 15:20