World Bulletin / News Desk
Turkey's Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said an investigation is ongoing into a leaked conversation between him and top security officials who were recorded discussing a possible military operation in Syria.
The story made headlines just days before Turkey's March 30 local elections after the secret discussion was uploaded to YouTube.
"We will find the perpetrators no matter what," said Davutoglu.
The Foreign Minister said they were discussing every possibility about a possible threat to the Suleyman Shah Tomb in Syria - Turkey's only exclave - and searched for a peaceful option.
Claiming that the recordings had later been tampered with, Davutoglu said "we would have started a war if we wanted," he said, adding that Turkey's airspace is not a stop-by and Turkey had responded rightfully.
Turkey's Chief of Army Staff Necdet Ozel had previously said the army would be launching its own investigation into the wiretapping, calling it an act of espionage.Last Mod: 10 Nisan 2014, 11:31