World Bulletin / News Desk
The Istanbul Chief Prosecutor's Office decided on Monday to revoke the desicion of the Istanbul 2nd Court on the confiscation of the properties of several businessmen within the scope of anti-graft operations in Turkey.
The court revoked the decision of confiscating the properties of businessmen Mustafa Latif Topbas, Usame Kutup, Cemal Kalyoncu, Omer Faruk Kalyoncu, Mehmet Cengiz, Abdullah Tivnikli and Cengiz Akturk in addition to Bosphorus 360 Limited and Zirve Holding Inc.
The revocation decree reminded that the court accused the suspects of "establishing a crime organization, conspiring to rig the bind on tender, engaging in influence peddling, bribery and damaging public property."
The decree, which followed the objection of the businessmen's attorneys, said that the Istanbul 2nd Court's confiscation desicion had been taken without verifying whether the suspects had anything to do with the accusations attributed to them or not.
Underlining that the properties and attributed crimes need to have a connection, the prosecutor office said the decision of confiscation had been revoked to prevent irreparable damages to the suspects.Last Mod: 14 Ocak 2014, 09:11