World Bulletin / News Desk
A Britain school has apologised after it "mistakenly" served chocolate mousse containing an ingredient made from pork to Muslim children.
Bolton Council said the pudding which contained pork gelatine was removed as soon as staff realised at the town's Gaskell Primary School, reported the Express.
School bosses and the Bolton Council of Mosques are examining how the incident happened.
The council said no other schools were affected.
Letters have been sent to parents of school pupils outlining what happened.
A Bolton Council spokesman said: "We would like to sincerely apologise for any upset caused to parents and children by this mistake.
"This incident occurred at one school and we would like to stress that this was an isolated incident.
"A batch of frozen chocolate mousses was supplied by one of our food suppliers in place of the halal accredited frozen yoghurts that we had ordered.
"When it came to our notice that the mousses contained pork gelatine they were immediately withdrawn."
The statement added that the town council are working to ensure such an incident does not happen again.Last Mod: 20 Kasım 2013, 16:20