World Bulletin / News Desk
A hurricane that hit Costa Rica on Thursday killed at least three people and left several missing, officials said on Friday.
President Luis Guillermo Solis said in an overnight statement that an unspecified number of people were missing after the passage of Hurricane Otto.
The hurricane -- which weakened to a tropical storm before exiting into the Pacific Ocean -- dumped a months' worth of rain in just a few hours, he said.
"We are receiving a big number of incidents," he said, adding that more details would be given later once evaluations had been made.
Otto churned in from the Caribbean on Thursday, initially hitting Nicaragua before moving over northern Costa Rica.
There were no reports of casualties in Nicaragua, where several homes were damaged.
"Up to now, thank God, we haven't counted any loss of human life," the Nicaraguan government's spokesperson, First Lady Rosario Murillo, told state media.Last Mod: 25 Kasım 2016, 17:19