4 Egyptian conscripts killed in Sinai bus attack

Gunmen killed four Egyptian conscripts in the Sinai Peninsula on Sunday.

4 Egyptian conscripts killed in Sinai bus attack

World Bulletin / News Desk

Four Egyptian conscripts were killed and nine others were wounded in an attack on their bus in Egypt's restive Sinai Peninsula on Sunday, the Egyptian state television said.

The television did not mention whether the conscripts belonged to the military or the police.

The Military Hospital in Suez received the bodies of the four slain soldiers, as well as the nine injured victims of the attack, a medical source said.

He added that the injured victims included an officer.

A security source said that unidentified militants targeted the bus with rocket-propelled grenades in a central Sinai corridor when the bus was on its way to a military base in the peninsula, which is located in northeastern Egypt, a security source said.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

The attack came one day after thousands of Egyptians took to the streets across this country to mark the third anniversary of the January 25 revolution, which ended the autocracy of longstanding president Hosni Mubarka in 2011.

Last Mod: 26 Ocak 2014, 12:25
Add Comment