World Bulletin/News Desk
At least seven Israelis, including five troops, had been killed since the start of the Israeli onslaught against the Gaza Strip earlier this month, the Israeli Radio reported Sunday.
At least 38 Israeli troops were also wounded since the operation began on July 7, including 30 soldiers who were wounded since the grounded operation commenced on Thursday, the report said.
However, the Palestinian Resistance movement Hamas says a total of 11 Israelis were killed since the start of the operation.
Since July 7, Israeli army has been pounding the Gaza Strip with devastating air and naval bombardment with the ostensible aim of halting rocket fire.
On Thursday, the Israeli army launched a ground assault into the Palestinian territory, sending thousands of troops into the blockades seaside enclave.
At least 358 Palestinians had been killed in the Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip. At least 2650 Palestinians have also been injured.
Meanwhile, an independent emergency service said Saturday that its teams had offered aid to 29 Israelis who were injured as a result of rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip during the past 24 hours.
The injured victims included a 30-year-old man whose condition is critical and a three-year-old boy who was seriously injured in the head, the volunteer association Magen David Adom said on its Twitter account.
It added that the injured victims also included a five-year-old boy whose injury is moderate.
The association said it would continue to be on high alert in the next hours/days.
Magen David Adom had offered aid to as many as 394 Israelis since Israel started an onslaught on the Gaza Strip on July 7, according to association documents.
Last Mod: 20 Temmuz 2014, 10:54