Egypt starts probe into Red Sea crash

The crash had left at least 13 fishermen dead after the fishing boat sank

Egypt starts probe into Red Sea crash
World Bulletin/News Desk
 
 Egyptian prosecutors on Sunday opened an investigation into a deadly cargo ship and a fishing boat crash in the Red Sea earlier in the day.

The crash had left at least 13 fishermen dead after the fishing boat sank. Fourteen other fishermen went missing.

"Prosecutors examined the cargo ship, which was held by the navy at the eastern Safaga Port after the accident," Abdel-Rehim Mustafa, a spokesman for the Red Sea Ports Authority, told The Anadolu Agency.

"A technical team will examine the vessel and submit a report at the prosecution," Mustafa added.

Thirteen bodies were recovered from the water thus far, while 13 others have been rescued since the crash.

Mustafa said strong winds and sea waves had dispersed the bodies of the crash victims across some 40 nautical miles (roughly 75km).

The cargo ship was sailing from the Suez Canal.

Last Mod: 15 Aralık 2014, 10:44
Add Comment