At a meeting with EU ambassadors to Cairo, Egyptian Deputy Foreign Minister for European Affairs Hatem Seif el-Nasr urged them to "shut town channels that support the terrorist Muslim Brotherhood organization that are broadcasting through European satellites."
"These channels incite violence and killing in Egypt," Seif al-Nasr said at the meeting, which was attended by an Anadolu Agency correspondent.
Seif al-Nasr also stressed the need to "monitor extremist websites that broadcast violent messages and incite violence and cut funding for these extremist groups."
On Sunday, the Egyptian Foreign Ministry said it was in talks with certain European governments to convince them to take pro-Muslim Brotherhood satellite channels off the air.
Last month, militants carried out a spate of attacks on security facilities and personnel in the northern Sinai Peninsula, leaving scores dead and injured.
The attacks were claimed by the "Welayat Sinai" militant group, formerly known as Ansar Beit al-Maqdis.
The Egyptian government nevertheless blamed the attack on Brotherhood, which it designated a "terrorist organization" in late 2013.
The Brotherhood, for its part, has consistently denied accusations of violence and says it is committed to purely peaceful activism.
Following the 2013 ouster of elected President Mohamed Morsi by the army, Egypt shut several Islamist television channels, accusing them of "inciting hatred."