World Bulletin / News Desk
Israeli forces have shot and injured two Palestinians in the village of Dura amid a continued army blockade on the Hebron area of the southern occupied West Bank.
"All of the villages south of Hebron have been closed off," Issa Amro, director of the Hebron-based Youth Against Settlements activist group said.
"We've been under siege for two days now."
Amro said all entrances to Hebron - the most populous Palestinian city in the West Bank - had been closed except for one, which leads to Road 60, a major north-south highway.
"[Soldiers] have placed a checkpoint at the entrance. They are stopping every car," he said.
The entrances of several nearby villages were closed off by the Israeli army as extensive searches of the area continue.
The crackdown comes following two deadly days, during which two Palestinians and two Israelis were killed.
"Last night they were doing house-to-house searches in al-Thahiriyah, al-Fawwar camp, al-Samu, Dura and Hebron city," Amro added. "Today in Hebron there were clashes early in the morning, around 4 or 5 am."
Israeli forces locked down the Hebron area on Friday after an Israeli family from the Otniel settlement in Hebron was allegedly targeted by unknown gunmen, killing one man and injuring three others.Last Mod: 03 Temmuz 2016, 16:19