World Bulletin/News Desk
Palestinian Premier Rami Hamdallah said Sunday that the Palestinian Authority had sent a message to U.N. Secretary Ban Ki-moon demanding an international committee to investigate the recent abduction and killing of a Palestinian teen by suspected Jewish settlers.
"Mohamed Abu Khdeer’s life has been stolen," Hamdallah told reporters outside the slain teen's home in East Jerusalem.
"I ask Israel for justice in this particular case, and better protection for the Palestinians in Jerusalem," he added.
The charred body of Mohamed was found Wednesday in a forest near Jerusalem, a few hours after his abduction from outside his home.
Preliminary autopsy report showed that he had been burnt alive by his kidnappers.
Footage taken from a security camera near Mohamed's home showed what appeared to be Jewish settlers abducting the boy.
In the footage, the kidnappers can be seen forcing him into their car before speeding off.
According to the Israeli newspaper Haaretz, Israel had arrested six suspects in connection with the murder.
Since three settlers went missing in West Bank and later found dead, Israeli forces have launched a wide-scale arrest campaign in the West Bank, detaining hundreds of Palestinians, including lawmakers and former government officials as well as a barrage of airstrikes on the besieged Gaza Strip.
No Palestinian group has claimed responsibility for the settlers' disappearance or subsequent death.
Güncelleme Tarihi: 06 Temmuz 2014, 17:44