Rockets hit Hezbollah stronghold in eastern Lebanon

A shadowy group called the Ahrar al-Sunna Baalbek Brigade claimed responsibility for the attack.

Rockets hit Hezbollah stronghold in eastern Lebanon

World Bulletin / News Desk

Two rockets struck the eastern Lebanese village of Labweh on Monday in a fresh attack on the Hezbollah stronghold, a security source said.

According to the source, who asked to remain anonymous, the rockets were fired from Lebanon's eastern mountains, and only damaged a phone booth.

A shadowy group called the Ahrar al-Sunna Baalbek Brigade claimed responsibility for the attack.

"As long as Syrian Sunnis' blood is shed, the strongholds of [Hezbollah] in Lebanon would not remain safe from our reprisals," the group said in a Twitter post.

The group had claimed responsibility for a similar attack in Labweh earlier this month, which killed a Syrian worker and injured two people.

Ongoing military involvement by Hezbollah in the Syrian war has drawn condemnation across the Sunni-Muslim world, particularly inside Lebanon.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and Hezbollah say they are fighting foreign-funded terrorist groups bent on toppling the Syrian regime.

Last Mod: 14 Nisan 2014, 13:11
Add Comment