World Bulletin / News Desk
Saudi King Salman has ordered spending an additional month’s salary to those who participated in battlefront operations against Iran-backed Houthi militias, the state-owned Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported.
King Salman said the salary is a token of his “appreciation” to those who fought both in Operation Decisive Storm, which started on March 26 to April 21 last year, and Operation Restoring Hope, which was launched on April 22 last year and recently revived.
He said these participants belong to the Saudi ministries of interior, defense and the national guard.
Saudi Arabia with its allies formed the Arab Coalition to bolster its operations to push the Houthis back. The Houthis attempted a coup to topple the internationally recogized Yemen’s President Abd Rabu Mansour Hadi.
Operation Restoring Hope was revived after peace talks between the two warring sides failed to bring a breakthrough in early August.Güncelleme Tarihi: 15 Ağustos 2016, 10:25