Syrian opposition chief Hadi al-Bahra on Saturday denied reports about an initiative by Egypt and Russia for solving the Syrian conflict.
"There is no initiative by either Egypt or Russia to resolve the Syrian crisis," al-Bahra said in a press conference following talks with Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi in Cairo.
"All the talk is related to a meeting that would bring together various opposition factions, but nothing has been decided thus far," he said.
Syrian opposition members Abdulahad Astepho and Bassam al-Malek were earlier quoted as saying that Egypt has floated an initiative to resolve the Syrian crisis.
Earlier this month, Egypt's Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry denied an Egyptian initiative regarding the Syrian crisis.
Al-Bahra is expected to meet with Shoukry later Saturday.
Syria has been ravaged by a deadly civil war since 2011, when the regime of President Bashar al-Assad violently cracked down on anti-government demonstrations.
More than 191,000 people have been killed in the conflict to date, according to UN figures.
Almost half of the Syrian population is now displaced with more than 7.6 million internally displaced people and as many as 3 million refugees in neighboring countries, the UN says.