World Bulletin / News Desk
One of the leaders of Hamas, Dr. Salah El-Berdevil said on Monday that the visit of Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas had the aim of blaming Hamas concerning the attacks in Sinai.
"Abbas is coming to Cairo to lay the responsibility of killing 16 Egyptian soldiers to Hamas, who were killed in Ramadan last year," stated El-Berdevil at the web site of Palestinian Information Centre.
El-Berdevil said that they had hundreds of documents, on which Ramallah administration played active role to give fabricated news against Hamas and to publish them through Egpyt's media.
The August 2012 Sinai attack occurred on 5 August 2012, when armed men ambushed an Egyptian military base in the Sinai Peninsula, killing 16 soldiers and stealing two armored cars, which they used to infiltrate into Israel. The attackers broke through the Kerem Shalom border crossing to Israel, where one of the vehicles exploded. They then engaged in a firefight (disambiguation needed) with soldiers of the Israel Defense Forces, during which six of the attackers were killed. No Israelis were injured.