"Scores of students will be leaving [via the Erez crossing] in coming days," Maher Abu Sabha, head of the Palestinian border authority, told The Anadolu Agency.
He said the decision was taken after scores of students were stranded inside the blockaded territory following Egypt's closure of the Rafah crossing with the Gaza Strip.
Abu Sabha went on to urge the Egyptian authorities to open the Rafah crossing permanently "in order to avoid a humanitarian catastrophe" in the Gaza Strip.
"There are more than 6,000 Palestinians awaiting the opening of the Rafah crossing," he said.
Egypt closed the Rafah border crossing, Gaza's only access to the outside world not controlled by Israel, on October 24 following an attack on a military site in the Sinai Peninsula that left 31 Egyptian troops dead.
Egypt has tightened its grip on the border with the blockaded Gaza Strip since last year's ouster of Mohamed Morsi – the country's first freely elected president – by the army.
Repeated crossing closures have made life even more difficult for the strip's roughly 1.9 million residents.