Israel demolishes makeshift Bedouin homes near Al-Quds

"The Israeli army demolished the structures without prior warning on the pretext that they had been built without permission," Hani Halbieyeh, spokesman for the Popular Resistance Committee, told Anadolu Agency.

Israel demolishes makeshift Bedouin homes near Al-Quds

World Bulletin / News Desk

Israeli bulldozers backed by army forces on Thursday demolished a number structures, including makeshift homes, owned by two Palestinian Bedouin families in the Jabal Baba area of Al-Eizariya town, 2km east of Al-Quds (occupied East Jerusalem).

"The Israeli army demolished the structures without prior warning on the pretext that they had been built without permission," Hani Halbieyeh, spokesman for the Popular Resistance Committee, told Anadolu Agency.

According to Halbieyeh, Israeli authorities razed two makeshift homes belong to Mahmoud Ibrahim Jahalin, 44, and Kayed Salim Jahaleen, 50, along with four tents for raising chickens.

Local Bedouin tribesmen accuse Israel of seeking to evict them from their traditional homes in the area to make way for a planned separation barrier that would cut the towns of Abu Dees, Eizariya and Swahreh off from Al-Quds.

Bedouin of the Jahalin tribe, displaced by Israel several times since 1948, currently live east and northeast of Al-Quds near the Ma'ali Adumim settlement, one of the largest Jewish-only settlements in the area.

International law considers the West Bank and Al-Quds to be occupied territories taken by Israel in 1967 and sees all Jewish settlement building on the land as illegal.

Last Mod: 03 Nisan 2014, 13:39
Add Comment