World Bulletin / News Desk
A total of 195 people belonging to the Turkish Armed Forces were dismissed from their duties for alleged links to the Fetullah Terrorist Organizaton (FETO), the Defense Ministry announced Friday on its official Twitter account.
Earlier on Friday, the Interior Ministry said 265 people had been suspended from the gendarmerie and the Turkish Coast Guard also for suspected links to FETO.
The Interior Ministry said the suspensions included 153 people in the gendarmerie and 112 others in the Turkish Coast Guard.
Led by U.S.-based Fetullah Gulen, FETO is accused of orchestrating Turkey’s July 15 coup plot as well as being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police and judiciary.
The July 15 defeated coup left 241 people killed and some 2,200 injured.
AAGüncelleme Tarihi: 29 Ekim 2016, 09:19