Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi's body has been disposed of after being dismembered, Istanbul Prosecutor's Office said on Wednesday.
"The body of Khashoggi has been dismembered after being killed in the Saudi Consulate," the office said in a statement, adding that he had been strangled soon after entering the building.
Meanwhile, Saudi officials gave no information about a local collaborator in the killing of Khashoggi, the Istanbul Prosecutor's Office added.
Earlier this month, press accounts quoted a Saudi official as saying the body had been given to a “local collaborator” to take care of, but no Saudi official has addressed the body’s whereabouts on record.
The statement also said Saudi Arabia invited Istanbul's chief public prosecutor and a Turkish delegation as part of the investigation into the slain journalist.
The office reiterated its request for the extradition of suspects arrested by Saudi Arabia.
Khashoggi, a Saudi journalist and columnist for The Washington Post, went missing after entering the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2.
After initially saying he had left the consulate alive, the Saudi administration admitted weeks later he had died there.
Investigation of the incident suggests a special hit squad that came to the consulate to kill Kashoggi and cover up the murder.
The international community refused to accept the Saudi claim that the incident was not a premeditated murder.
Meanwhile, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan stressed that all details of the case should be revealed, including who gave the instruction for the “premeditated murder.”Last Mod: 31 Ekim 2018, 18:09