Turkish security forces have launched another anti-terrorism operation in the country’s east, the Interior Ministry said on Sunday.
The operation, Eren Abluka Autumn Winter-10, started in the Van province with 460 security personnel, the ministry said in a statement.
The operation aims to completely eliminate terrorism in the country, it added.
Türkiye initiated the Eren operations last year, naming them after Eren Bulbul, a 15-year-old boy killed by the PKK terror group on Aug. 11, 2017.
In its more than 35-year terror campaign against Türkiye, the PKK – listed as a terrorist organization by Türkiye, the US and EU – has been responsible for the deaths of over 40,000 people, including women, children, and infants.