Two Chinese miners found dead in Turkey mine accident

The mine where the accident occurred was ordered to stop operations after a failed inspection in September, official report suggests.

Two Chinese miners found dead in Turkey mine accident

World Bulletin/News Desk

The dead bodies of two Chinese workers have been taken out from a private mine in Turkey’s north after a collapse there trapped three Chinese miners on Saturday, Turkey’s main disaster management authority has said.

Turkey's Prime Ministry Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency, or AFAD, said they have reached the bodies of Maoshun Yang and Shouje Sun in the mine, located in Amasra district of the Black Sea province of Bartin.

Earlier on Saturday, Shouping Sun was rescued by his co-workers and was carried to hospital. No information has been given on his condition.

Amasra Governor Kadir Yener Eser told the press that the accident that trapped the three workers occurred during the morning shift when they were engaged in fortification work in a gallery.

Meanwhile, the Anadolu Agency has learned that the mine in question was ordered by state labor inspectors to stop operations on September 25 after it failed to pass an official inspection due to deficiencies that could prove life-threatening.

An official from HEMA, a Black Sea region energy industry company running the mine, said they regularly train the staff about labor safety, and that the latest training session was as early as Friday.

Company officials have yet to comment on the failed inspection in September.

According to a report on the said inspection, the mine was ordered to shut down because of deficiencies or lack of certification in four critical areas: rescue stations, rescue teams, general ventilation, and electrical equipment used in the works.

 

Last Mod: 01 Kasım 2014, 16:46
Add Comment