2 Palestinians teenagers hurt by Israeli gunfire near Nablus

Two youths were fired upon by Israeli troops after clashing with settlers in the West Bank

2 Palestinians teenagers hurt by Israeli gunfire near Nablus
World Bulletin / News Desk
 
Two Palestinian teens sustained gunshot wounds Saturday during clashes with Israeli army troops and settlers in the West Bank village of Burin in the northern city of Nablus, eyewitnesses have said.

"Abbas Asous, 18, and Mohamed al-Najjar, 14, were both wounded and were transferred to the Rafidia hospital in Nablus," activist Belal Eid told The Anadolu Agency.

The clashes broke out after Israeli settlers attacked a number of Palestinian teens in the eastern part of Burin while playing in the snow, Eid said.

There has been no comment from either Palestinian or Israeli authorities on the incident.

Tension has mounted in the occupied West Bank ever since the kidnap and murder of three Israeli settlers last summer and the subsequent abduction and murder of a Palestinian teenager.

Both incidents preceded a devastating Israeli military onslaught on the Gaza Strip in July and August of last year which left over 2,160 Palestinians dead – the vast majority of them civilians – and some 11,000 injured.

The rising tensions in the West Bank even further escalated some two months ago, when Israel briefly closed occupied East Jerusalem's flashpoint Al-Aqsa Mosque compound after an extremist rabbi was shot and injured by a Palestinian man in West Jerusalem.

 

Last Mod: 10 Ocak 2015, 13:59
Add Comment